Dev Ops Engineer
MinePortal from DataCloud is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent platform that powers geotechnical knowhow of the rock in the mining industry for operational intelligence. Our mission is to push the envelope in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Geophysical IoT sensors, Machine Learning (ML), Data Management, Signal Processing, and Grade Engineering, in order to provide the best-possible blast outcomes for our customers.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps professional to help build industry-leading solutions and technologies that the world’s largest mining corporations will adopt. You will be working with engineers who have a wealth of experience in their field and are keen to share knowledge and best practices.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the VP Software, the DevOps Engineer role will include following broad responsibilities and any other assigned work from time to time
- Develop and implement processing pipelines from the backend to complete deliver for IoT data processing and answer product creation for DataCloud’s seismic sensors
- Be in the in-house go-to person for always on systems availability
- Provide high-performance cloud deployment solutions and maintain rapid deployment pipelines, server monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Maintain and improve CI/CD and automated testing pipelines
- Manage appropriate JIRA workflows to proactively address issues relating to containerization and deployment
- Manage the product architecture the powers the platform
- Take full responsibility of projects from design to deployment
- Explore promising research and maintain/gain the technical edge required for projects. Share and develop new approaches and methods.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field
- Contribute to full stack development, maintain database scaling, and engineer new process pipelines for new domains
- Work with Hardware Engineers to specify and optimize sensor and IoT device design and configuration for ensure appropriate IoT deployment and monitoring.
- Interface closely with ML and UX Engineers to develop high performance applications and platform features to utilize ML outputs and insights.
Work Hours & Location
- Full time, Flexible working hours, 15 days/year vacation
- Work from home office and DataCloud’s office in Vancouver
- Some travel to Seattle, Palo Alto, and Client offices world wide
- College degree or equivalent experience in CS, EE, or other relevant engineering / science major
- 5+ year’s experience in a senior DevOps role
- Fluency in Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, and Python
- Proven track record releasing enterprise software in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent background and experience in databases, administration, and high-performance IO platform engineering
- Comprehensive expert level knowledge of programming and experience in C, C++, Python, Golang, or similar language
- Full familiarity and experience in modern SDLC methods for web-based platform development
- Experience and relevant expertise in interfacing with IoT acquisition devices, designing platforms and processes that demand high availability and low latency
- Experience in working in distributed teams in the research, development, and implementation of complex software solutions
- Experience building and maintaining production systems in Azure using Azure tools and Service Fabric
- Ability to develop Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Must have working knowledge of handling Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity in Azure
- Scripting experience in Bash, Ruby, Python, PowerShell or similar languages
- Deep knowledge with Source Control systems, such as GIT and SVN.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines programmatically with Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI, or similar tools
- Working knowledge of DNS, network routing/subnetting, Monitoring, SSL Certificates, File Servers, Security, Performance, High Availability, and Disaster Recovery.
- Must have experience with monitoring tools and APMs such as Nagios, LogicMonitor, New Relic, AppDynamic, DataDog or similar tooling
- Working knowledge of Splunk, ELK or other log management tools.
- Extensive experience with Agile programming practices
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain technical information.
- Flexible “can-do” attitude
- Excellent balance of people, organizational, technical, and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent major projects
- Fluid ability to traverse both vertically and horizontally in any organization
- Excellent trade-off management in achieving tactical and strategic objectives
- Ability to successfully influence others to best outcomes without having authority
- Proven leadership skills in highly volatile cross-functional and cross-organizational environments
DataCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.