Field Engineer (Western Australia, Queensland, Canada)
Founded in 2016, DataCloud builds advanced technology solutions that help mining companies to master the subsurface so they can transform their economics and own the future. DataCloud enables mining operators to make better, more profitable decisions faster. Our integrated technology and analytics platform enables mining companies to process massive volumes of drilling and geosciences data and create real-time, actionable insights that dramatically improve their processes, performance and productivity.
Our team is a best-in-class group of experts from the technology industry and top-tier institutions such as Stanford, UC-Berkeley and Cambridge, who have deep expertise in geoscience and blast-wave analysis. With its unique combination of skills in both mining and technology, DataCloud is helping to solve many of the problems that have challenged the mining industry for decades. Our portfolio of products and services span the latest in Geo-Statistics, Geo-Physics, and advanced digital and artificial intelligence technologies, including cloud computing, machine learning, advanced visualization, and new sensor technology enabled by IoT systems.
DataCloud is actively seeking a Field Engineer who will work with our Chief Engineer and operations team to support a rapid scaling of the DataCloud RHINOTM system, and support other growth efforts. We are seeking several engineers to work at mines in Canada, the USA (Western States) and Western Australia (Perth based).
Reporting to the Chief Engineer
- Work with mine operators to install, calibrate, operate and maintain the RHINO logging while drilling system on open pit mines in drill and blast operations.
- Deal with clients at the mine directly on IT issues to work through connectivity issues to stream data in real time to the cloud.
- Interface with client Measurement While Drilling (MWD) databases to extract required data via SQL interface.
- Be the face of DataCloud with mine site customers, to ensure customer satisfaction at the mine site with DataCloud products and services.
- Test new versions of RHINO sensors on other types of drill.
- Test new technologies under development by DataCloud.
- Engineering Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Experience of field engineering role in mining, oil and gas or similar industry
- Strong IT skills especially networking
- Organized, dependable and professional working attitude
- Strong safety training in similar industry, and respect for clients HSE rules
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with customer interactions
- Coding Skills with Python are a big plus
- Practical trouble shooting and repair of complex equipment
- Flexible “can-do” attitude
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and independent
- Willing to work outside at mines, which may experience extremes of weather
- May be required to work at heights with appropriate safety equipment
- Able to climb on heavy equipment as required, lift loads up to 25kg
- Clean driving license, experience of driving in mining environment a plus
- Willing to work and travel alone to remote mines globally on company business
Work Hours & Location
Full time, flexible working hours, time off in lieu of field days at remote mines. Available for flexible working hours of field operations and clients globally. Engineers primary role is at remote mine sites, and thus location of residence is flexible, but preferred locations are;
- Perth, Western Australia
- Seattle or Bay Area, West Coast, USA
- BC or Quebec, Canada.
DataCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. The Candidate must be based, and authorized to work, in their respective country, mentioned above.
To inquire about this position, please email: [email protected]