Front End Engineer
MinePortal from DataCloud is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent platform that powers geotechnical knowhow of the rock in the mining industry for operational intelligence. Our mission is to push the envelope in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Geophysical IoT sensors, Machine Learning (ML), Data Management, Signal Processing, and Grade Engineering, in order to provide the best-possible blast outcomes for our customers.
We are looking for an experienced Front End professional to help build industry-leading solutions and technologies that the world’s largest mining corporations will adopt. You will be working with engineers who have a wealth of experience in their field and are keen to share knowledge and best practices.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the VP Software, the DevOps Engineer role will include following broad responsibilities and any other assigned work from time to time
- Develop and implement user facing features with rich 2d and 3d interactivity
- Contribute to additional areas of the stack as the role requires frequent collaboration with engineers such as our backend teams building tools from the platform level, security engineers designing our systems secure architecture, and modeling and AI professionals designing algorithms and workflows
- Tie in UI / UX elements along with Kitware’s Paraview web for 3d visualization and enable compelling analytical capabilities through fluid design implementation
- Own UI/UX engineering pieces contributing to designing the ultimate product
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Contribute to design and code reviews; identify best practices for front-end engineering
- Explore promising research and maintain/gain the technical edge required for projects. Share and develop new approaches and methods.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field
Work Hours & Location
- Full time, Flexible working hours, 15 days/year vacation
- Work from home office and DataCloud’s office in Vancouver
- Some travel to Seattle, Palo Alto, and Client offices world wide
- College degree or equivalent experience in CS, EE, or other relevant engineering / science major
- 5+ year’s experience in a senior front end role
- ES6 experience
- Extreme proficiency in HTML, CSS, vue.js and React front-end frameworks
- Build reusable components in Vue.js
- Proficiency with design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Familiarity of web frameworks such as Django, Laravel or Rails
- Excellent understanding of UI/UX best practices and current web standards
- Experience in working in distributed teams in the research, development, and implementation of complex software solutions
- Good knowledge with Source Control systems, such as GIT and SVN.
- Proven track record releasing enterprise software in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Agile programming practices
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain technical information.
- Flexible “can-do” attitude
- Excellent balance of people, organizational, technical, and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent major projects
- Fluid ability to traverse both vertically and horizontally in any organization
- Excellent trade-off management in achieving tactical and strategic objectives
- Ability to successfully influence others to best outcomes without having authority
- Proven leadership skills in highly volatile cross-functional and cross-organizational environments
DataCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.