Senior Software Developer
MinePortal from DataCloud is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent platform that powers geotechnical knowhow of the rock in the mining industry for operational intelligence. Our mission is to push the envelope in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Geophysical IoT sensors, Machine Learning (ML), Data Management, Signal Processing, and Grade Engineering, in order to provide the best-possible blast outcomes for our customers.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build industry-leading analytical tools and technologies that the world’s largest mining will adopt.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the VP Software, the Senior Software Developer role will include following broad responsibilities and any other assigned work from time to time
- Develop and implement processing pipelines from the backend to complete deliver for IoT data processing and answer product creation for DataCloud’s seismic sensors
- Apply software and visualization domain expertise in the development and implementation of DataCloud solutions within the hard rock and coal mining industry
- Teach internal and client teams how to integrate DC platform solutions and software into existing workflows to optimize blast design, blasthole spacing, and other engineering applications
- Study and transform data science prototypes for the geoscience specific data streams
- Apply knowledge in visualization, scientific 3d modeling, applied mathematics, and modern software development techniques to sensor solutions for challenges facing our sponsors.
- Explore promising research and maintain/gain the technical edge required for projects. Share and develop new approaches and methods.
- Design 3d model visualization systems that can help our clients gain maximum insight into their ore bodies, recognize features, and drive decisions
- Implement seismic and ML algorithms and tools developed by our ML team for mining domain specific applications
- Keep abreast of developments in the field
- Contribute to full stack development, maintain database scaling, and engineer new process pipelines for new domains
- Work with Hardware Engineers to specify and optimize sensor and IoT device design and configuration for multiple sensing use cases.
- Interface closely with ML and UX Engineers to develop high performance applications and platform features to utilize ML outputs and insights.
Work Hours & Location
- Full time, Flexible working hours, 15 days/year vacation
- Work from home office and DataCloud’s office in Vancouver
- Some travel to Seattle, Palo Alto, and Client offices world wide
- College degree or equivalent experience in 3d modeling, image processing, full-stack development, algorithm development, and photo-grammetry
- Excellent background and experience in databases, administration, and high-performance IO platform engineering
- Comprehensive expert level knowledge of programming and experience in C, C++, Python, R, Golang, or similar language used in modeling, data processing, and visualization sciences.
- Full familiarity and experience in modern SDLC methods for web-based platform development
- Experience and relevant expertise in interfacing with IoT acquisition devices, designing platforms and processes that demand high availability and low latency
- Experience in working in distributed teams in the research, development, and implementation of complex software solutions
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain technical information.
- Bi-lingual capability in English and Portuguese to interface with our Brazilian geology team
- Flexible “can-do” attitude
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent balance of people, organizational, technical, and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent major projects
- Fluid ability to traverse both vertically and horizontally in any organization
- Excellent trade-off management in achieving tactical and strategic objectives
- Ability to successfully influence others to best outcomes without having authority
- Proven leadership skills in highly volatile cross-functional and cross-organizational environments
DataCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.